About 2 weeks ago (August 21st to be exact) is when husband felt baby move for the first time! It was so amazing! I had no idea he would be able to feel her, but I wanted to show him where I felt her inside. He insisted he place his hand there and it was like she KNEW he was there because she kicked pretty hard. I think it made things so much more real to him. Since then, we both have felt stronger movements and lately I can feel her at all hours of the day/night. It's such an amazing experience.
Also, today I experienced more bleeding.. and actually it was quite a bit. I am visiting my parents 5.5 hours away from home and was completely alone with no car. My mom was at Walmart and I tried calling her about 1,000 times but she didn't pick up. In a panic I called husband to ask him what I should do and he calmly told me I need to call my dad. I didn't want him to have to leave work, but he left and picked me up so fast in his yellow bug and had no problems.
I went to the E.R. but because baby is over 20 weeks, they brought me to the O.B. unit which was better because they knew exactly what to do. They hooked my belly up to a monitor to get baby's heart rate, took blood, gave me an IV, did a pelvic exam and an ultrasound. About a billion people where coming in and out of the room and all seemed very concerned which made me even more stressed.
Results: Baby's heart rate was great (153bpm), my cervix was long, thick and closed, baby looked great and was moving around, I am RH positive (which is great that I don't have to worry about the RH factor), I am slightly anemic, OH and the doctor called my real O.B. and found out that my placenta was laying low at my last ultrasound (WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW) but is moving up I guess which could have been a cause for bleeding. So I am being monitored more carefully now. If they placenta doesn't move completely I will have to have a c-section and could have more complications.
I have been crying all day since I saw blood. Even now that I heard/saw/felt baby I am still worried and scared that something won't go right. I can't seem to shake all my emotions off my shoulder from our horrible experience a year ago. I think about it all the time.. and even though my husband and I have grown closer from the whole ordeal I just can't help but think it will ever happen again, or something worst happening. Maybe I should write in detail on my next post of what we went through.. as therapy. I think I could use it.
No comments:
Post a Comment