Monday, September 13, 2010

Babies CAN Swim

Today I signed us up for Childbirth Education classes through the hospital. It's on 4 different nights in October, one of which is husband's birthday... what a way to celebrate! I hope they don't show a birthing video that day, for the sake of him.. I have however already seen multiple birthing videos being the nature of my college degree, so I am not worried :p We also signed up for a breastfeeding class and a baby basics class. I really hope the breastfeeding class is beneficial because I am really worried I will run into troubles come baby's arrival. When I interned at WIC, it seemed like every mother had breastfeeding issues.. I am hoping to nip them in the butt early! haha :) 

I am so excited for the classes! I am also excited for husband to learn all kinds of new information on birthing and babies.. he probably already knows a decent amount by being around me for so long, but we'll see what we both really know once they start.

*the title for this entry is called "Babies CAN Swim" because, well they can! In one of my college classes (Infancy maybe?) we watched this crazy video about different reflexes newborns have. The video kept showing random babies swimming through this vast pool of water... it was actually hilarious the way it was filmed... apparently newborns have the reflexes to move their arms and legs to swim plus they are able to swim under water because the water doesn't get into their lungs... but don't try this at home because these reflexes quickly leave a few weeks after baby is born!!

No comments:

Post a Comment