Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day by Day

Awwwwww, pregnancy is crazy! I feel pretty great overall. Yesterday I had this extra jolt of ambition, so I did some extra cleaning and moved everything out of our spare bedroom to deep clean the carpet. Husband and I went to dinner and then grocery shopping in the evening. While we were out, I felt nauseous and my body was really sore. I think I overworked myself for the day. haha Feeling nauseous last night made me think about how awful morning sickness felt! I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere because I never knew when I would feel sick. I ate a ton of Popsicles and drank fruit juices to just to get past the nausea.  I also have been sleeping horrible lately. I really dislike sleeping on my side, because I can only stay on one side for so long before I wake up just to turn to the other side. Plus I get up at least twice to go to the bathroom.. it's horrible but I am thinking of it as a way to prepare for baby! At least the circumstances of waking up would be more worth it then say, changing sides. lol 

Husband ordered himself some "man baby books" online the other day. I have to keep reminding myself that he is probably a tad more nervous than me because he has never taken care of a newborn or any infant for that matter. I think he will be just fine! I want to get myself a book on "Baby's First Year" just to refresh and maybe learn some new things. I wish I would have kept one of my college infancy books, but I sold them all because they were worth a few bucks. I have purposely not been reading extra books on pregnancy because I don't want to scare myself and be any more stressed... It seems like everything I do read is everything that could go wrong... which is not very helpful*

My parents are coming to visit tomorrow and are bringing a crib, mattress and changing table. I helped them order it so I know what they look like and I am SO excited. It's all in a dark cherry wood and the price was pretty good too. :) I feel lucky to have parents who want to help out and are as excited as they are. I will have to post pictures once we assemble it all! I am sure it will be this weekend! 

Today marks 25 weeks! Only 15 more to go! whoo hoo!!

1 comment:

  1. so I came across your blog when I went looking for the belly pic you posted on facebook and realized you had a tumblr!

    I just read through the whole thing (partially because I have no life and because I like reading about other peoples pregnancy stories, oh and I am obsessed with blogs) :)

    We have had a lot of the same experiences, cravings, aversions, etc. and I'm really sad we haven't got to hang out more and talk about it, because I know that having someone else who was also experiencing the hormones and the seemingly pointless cry sessions would have made them a lot better.

    I'm so sorry for what happened to you and Drew a year ago, I was still fairly "new" to the group and I had no idea any of that ever happened. I am so happy that things are working out better for you this time :)

    Unfortunately the past couple of days I have noticed that my morning sickness and nausea is back with a terrible vengeance, much worse than the first trimester and my aversions have all come back full force. Not to mention the once an hour bathroom trips in the middle of the night or the annoyance of having to sleep on your side. ugh. It will all be worth it though and your next 15 weeks are going to literally FLY by, I still can't believe that we are down to less than 8!!!

    ReplyDelete