On Saturday, I was really excited because I had a shopping trip with my friend Danielle planned. I woke up, got ready and since she told me she had to work that morning we were going to leave at 1:00 which irritated me a little but I knew it wasn't her fault.. in the meanwhile Husband was going to hang out with Danielle's husband so we both met them at their house.. but when we opened the door I just saw a zillion people I knew staring at us and then they all said, "SURPRISE!" My dear friend had threw me for a loop and planned a surprise baby shower! Husband was in on at it as well since it would be awfully hard to surprise the both of us.
I did however, tell Danielle not to bother planning a shower for various reasons.. I still don't 100% believe we are having a baby (it's too good to be true), my mom convinced me I had nobody to invite, and I just figured it would be more efficient to throw some type of "after Baby Party" to welcome our little girl to our friends and family.
It was really overwhelming to see everyone and all their gifts they brought to the party. I feel so grateful to have such a great friend who insisted we needed a shower. I didn't have a wedding shower so I guess I probably did need a baby shower. haha
I just want to say "Thank you" again to Danielle--she is absolutely amazing and everyday I just sit and wish we lived closer--5 hours is TOO far!
On another note, there are very few things we actually need for baby! They are all little things like maybe a diaper pail (I don't want stinky diapers in our garbage..) a few things for her room like a lamp, and eventually a breast-pump (but I might wait until after she is born to make that purchase.. just in case breastfeeding doesn't work out or something). All the gifts we received were wonderful and very much needed!
All the shower loot :)



No comments:
Post a Comment