Each day is one day closer! I feel pretty prepared emotionally, but we still don't have her room ready.. and there are a few things I want to accomplish before she arrives!
We finished our "birthing classes" on Monday.. I am a little sad that they are over to be honest! We will only have 1 "first baby" and I feel like it's all going so fast! I don't miss seeing pictures of episiotomies and talking about uncomfortable matters, but meeting other parents-to-be and hearing their stories was a cool experience.
Monday, during our last class, we were fortunate enough to be able to tour the O.B. unit at the hospital. I must say, it looks really nice! I experienced a flood of emotions inside as we were standing in the labor room. It made things seem so real and so close! I was picturing myself in the bed, baby on my chest and Husband holding both of us close. I can't wait to experience our first moments as a family together.
Also, during our class we had to lay out on cards what our perfect labor would be. Obviously I would want a painless, vaginal delivery without being induced or cut.. but that isn't realistic. I am curious to see how everything will pan out! As long as we get our perfect little girl, that is all that matters :)
Actually labor isn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I'm glad you seem not freaked out like most first time mom-to-be's are. I used Hypnobirthing and I swear by it. It wasn't pain free of course, it was intense but totally manageable without an epidural (and I had nasty back labor) and I'm one of those people who whines over a paper cut. I had natural delivery, no cuts, no tears, it went pretty quick actually. The moment that sweet little baby pops out all the pain subsides (thank God). So your idea of a perfect birth really isn't unrealistic at all, minus the pain free part. But even if nothing goes the way you wanted, you'll forget about everything the second the doctor hands you that bundle of joy for the first time. Kudos to you for being a supporter of breastfeeding! Good luck with everything coming up and may you have a quick and easy labor! :)
ReplyDeleteso I was terrified of breastfeeding at first because of all of the horror stories out there, but really it comes so naturally and it's really not that bad at all! :)
ReplyDelete