Oh boy, is time flyin' or what!?! I can NOT believe Ella is now over 3 weeks old.. It seriously seems like yesterday when she was born...
Life has been a little crazy since we brought our little Princess home from the hospital. I am going to try to explain the craziness--but if it sounds confusing, know that I was in a complete haze for most of it.
The day we got discharged from the hospital, my mom came down to visit for the remainder of the week to help take care of us. It was so nice since I was recovering and husband was sooo tired. Mom made us some yummy food, cleaned a little and helped change a few diapers. It was also nice to spend that time with her and for Ella to be able to bond with her grandma. My dad came to pick her up when Ella was exactly 1 week old--he spent the night and fell completely in love with baby :) The same day my parents left, Husband's parents, sister and sister's boyfriend came to visit for the remainder of the day... they also brought our two dogs and their dog to visit. I am not going to lie, I was super overwhelmed that day and started to not feel well. My head hurt really bad, I was SUPER tired since I still wasn't sleeping well and there was far too much commotion going on. Both husband and I actually slept a majority of their visit. I kind of just escaped into the bedroom and took a 2 hour nap. Oops!
It was now week 2 of Ella's life.. and honestly, I don't remember any of it other than feeling sick, sore and emotional. A few nights in a row, I actually came down with fevers and just felt absolutely miserable. I was concerned the fevers and sickness were due to an infection from surgery, so I kept calling the O.B. office and unit but because I was running low grade fevers, they were not concerned. At the same time, Ella developed a horrible cough. We brought her to the pediatrician about 1,000 times but every time we were told it was "normal." One time they said she just has a cold and we shouldn't worry. Of course we worried and I cried every time she coughed. It was so sad to see her uncomfortable. We kept her propped up at night and cleaned out her nasal passages frequently, but nothing seemed to work. Fortunately, the cough disappeared by the end of the week and she is now cough-free.
I thought we were getting better, so we decided to take a trip to Husband's parents' house for the weekend and to bring our dogs back home (they had been watching them for us since Ella was born..). But somehow over the weekend, husband and I both started getting VERY sick. First my throat got really scratchy, then it got really sore.. my nose was all plugged and I developed a cough myself. We went to the walk-inn while we were there and the doctor prescribed us some antibiotics (I think we had strep throat). Needless to say, we didn't take our dogs back home :((
Husband's mom wanted to come help us out for a few days, so she came back with us. (Btw, this was week 3 of Ella's life). I didn't do anything this whole week except sit around. I knew I needed to just sit and do nothing to actually recover. I had been sick for far too long!
During all of this mayhem, I was dealing with a major case of the "baby blues." I never expected to be so emotional! I am being so open and honest because if anybody reads this, I want them to know that the "baby blues" are a REAL thing. I cried a little bit during week 1, but during week 2, it got bad. I cried over EVERYTHING and nothing! I mainly cried because I was super happy, which sounds bazaar.. but I was just so happy that Ella was here and beautiful. Really, I still can't think about the day she was born without crying. I was also going through emotions of "guilt" because I wasn't able to care for Ella (or husband) the way I wanted to or expected to. I didn't expect a c-section and didn't expect to get so sick. I didn't want to except help from anybody, but the truth was--I needed it. I wasn't sleeping well at all and on top of everything, I was having breastfeeding issues which made me feel super guilty. I will write a different blog on that topic.
Yes, this WHOLE blog post was about me and my post-pardom craziness.. but in all reality, Ella slept 4/5ths of the time and I was in a blur of haze and hardly remember much about her from that time. I am really glad that things are starting to get better and back to normal!! Over this past weekend, I got a new hair-do, we went on our first family date to dinner (Applebees) and the mall.. (Ella slept the ENTIRE time! haha) and now I am finally home by myself with Ella all day, while husband is at work. (I am happy about this because I am no longer relying on anyone and this is normal for me to spend my days alone at home). We STILL don't have our dogs back, but once we do life will be even greater. I have lost a majority of my pregnancy weight and I am no longer bloated or retaining water... so I feel much better about myself. Tonight I plan to make dinner for husband for the first time since Ella was born. I am SO happy :) I am also no longer emotional--although a piece of me did forever change the day my beauty was born.. and I will no longer look at life the same :)
Pictures and a post on ONLY Ella, to come! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment