Monday, December 27, 2010

WAYY Overdue... for a post!!

Yup.. basically a WHOLE month has gone by since I last posted.. Sorry. Life has been super crazy! Here is my list of excuses:
At first, I was trying to focus on finishing up my classes to graduate.. Then, I graduated!! yay!! I now I have a bachelors degree in Child Development :) My parents came to celebrate and I for sure had a few small celebrations with the husband that included a really horrible Sera Lee cheesecake, sparkling juice... and Frosty the Snowman. There really wasn't a whole lot to do being 9 months pregnant. After that craziness wore off, it was time to get ready for Christmas!! I am not going to lie, I did a lot of last minute shopping and food/cookie prepping! Also, during that time both mine and husband's computers took a dive so we went a few days wireless.. sigh. It was rough. haha! THEN.. Christmas came! yayyyy!!!

So as you might expect, baby did NOT come before Christmas like our doctor predicted.. BIG BUMMER! Actually, I am not very happy with my doctor because the last time I saw her, she left us stranded in the office and never came back or told us our appointment was done. Then, the appointment after that, I got a call as I was leaving saying she was not in the office that day and I had to reschedule with a different doctor... and THEN the appointment after THAT she was on vacation so I had to see the same different doctor.. so I haven't seen the doctor I am paying for since I last posted! UGH. 

But regardless, baby has been doing fine. As of last Wednesday I have not dilated AT ALL and I was tested for the Strep B (or whatever it's called) and that came out negative.. so I don't have to have antibiotics when I go into labor. :) Her heartbeat has been stellar and she is still managing to move around a lot without having much room to do so. 

As for husband and I.. we have been keeping our minds somewhat busy. We finally got a diaper pail and installed the car seat in the car. We attended a "Baby Basics" class where we learned to swaddle and we were able to witness a baby's first bath at the hospital! We also packed our bags for the hospital.. so basically it is now just a waiting game!
.
For some reason, around the last time I posted I was feeling really sore and uncomfortable but that has seemed to subside quite a bit which has made life a LITTLE easier.. but I still feel gigantic and my feet have started to swell... I think they look scary :/ I still can't sleep at night and I basically walk around everyday with bags under my eyes. lol I know I won't get much sleep when baby is here, but at least I should be able to fall asleep at night or when I can, opposed to now where I am just dealing with insomnia. I really haven't been in the mood to cook or eat any real meals lately.. kind of odd and probably frustrating for husband. 
Speaking of husband, he has been amazing lately and doing a ton of stuff around our home and he is great at putting my socks on my feet! :)

Well, that is basically the gist of what has been going on around here the past month.. I am hoping at my next appointment goes well and baby SHOULD be here within the next week! I can not contain myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment