Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scary Day...

This week we are staying at my husband's parent's house because he is working in Detroit for the rest of the week. Today, while he was at work his mom, sister and I were going to go shopping. I noticed I was feeling weird and had slight cramping before we left. I thought to myself that it felt like I was going to start my period. A few minutes later I went to the bathroom and had some bleeding. I felt like it was quite a bit to call "spotting" and haven't had any bleeding thus far, and combined with the mild cramping I just started crying. I couldn't believe what was happening. The baby is 14 weeks so I thought we were in the clear. I don't think I-nor my husband could handle another miscarriage... especially this far along.

As I was crying, I told my mother in-law what was going on and she, very quickly got things ready and brought me to the E.R. I felt horrible that our shopping day was ruined and was/am still confused why all this was happening.

The E.R. was packed... and I have never even been the E.R. in my life (minus 1st grade for an Ear Infection in the middle of the night). I just wanted to cry, but felt super awkward.

When they brought me back to a room, they told me to start drinking water so they could do an ultrasound. While I was drinking a bottle of water, they took some blood, gave me and IV and gave me MORE water. I lost track of time, but an hour or more went by and I was going to BURST. After all that time waiting and worrying, (and in pain from having to go to the bathroom) they finally did an ultrasound.

The Ultrasound Tech. had her monitor turned to only she could see it for a few min, and then she turned it to my direction. I asked her if everything was okay, and she said, "Yeap, here's your baby!" I felt so relieved. She proceeded to show me the placenta, the cord, arms, legs and printed off pictures. She also told me the baby was measuring 15 weeks, 3 days and gave a due date of "January 1st" but I think she just thought that date sounded good. lol

I wanted Husband there so bad. Last year when I found out about the miscarriage I was completely alone. It was the most scary thing on Earth. I was crying so hard, I am not sure how I even drove home. At least this time I had my Mother in law and sister in law with, and they were of great support. They even brought some laughter during this horrid day.

As I got wheeled back to the normal hospital room, I saw some patients walking the halls with their bums hanging out. It was quite hysterical!

Anyways, When I got back to the room the doctor came in and said the ultrasound and blood tests came back good--so they didn't need to do a pelvic exam and sent me home. No further explanation as to why I had cramping and bleeding.. but I was happy to see my baby was healthy!! :)

I have an O.B. appointment next week that couldn't arrive any slower. Maybe my doctor could be of more help...

Hopefully this was all a weird fluke and everything ends up okay. I am still worried, but the cramping and bleeding have stopped now---So hopefully everything stays that way!

I am thanking God for everything in my life. I am thankful for all the love and support he has shown me and all the wonderful people he has blessed me with. I pray that everything is going to be okay.

(Sry for all the typos, it's late and I was in the E.R. for like 5 hours today..ugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment